Here’s my addition…
We have to stop pretending:
- that acronyms are necessary to make an Education initiative or tool official. (See this list.)
- that teaching special-needs and under-served students is in any way similar to teaching average and above-average students.
- that we actually know what good teaching looks like.
- that standardized testing is a decent and useful way of assessing kids.
- that any of us really know what we’re doing. (We’re just doing what we think is best.)
Feel free to make your own list and tag it with #makeschooldifferent.